Corruption in Russia is a negative system feature of institutes of the public and municipal authority, which is an essential obstacle for providing sustained economic growth, increase of competitiveness of economy and well-being.
Corruption fight has become a special type of public policy - anti-corruption policy - representing a complex of the consecutive measures, performed at the highest national level and assuming involvement of representatives of government, business and civil society in their implementation.
The National Institute for System Studies of problems of Entrepreneurship is addressing both practical, and research tasks concerned with anti-corruption at the Federal level and in certain territorial entities of the Russian Federation.
During recent years NISSE’s experts had successfully implemented projects commissioned by the Federal Executive authorities (Federal Antimonopoly Service, Rosselkhoznadzor, Rosfinnadzor, Federal Migration Service) and public authorities of territorial entities of the Russian Federation (Tver region, Murmansk region, Yamal-Nenets Autonomous district), concerned with the development of anti-corruption programmes and implementation of anti-corruption mechanisms, comprehensive monitoring of corruption, anti-corruption expertise of Federal and regional normative legal acts.
Among these projects there are:
- The development of applied multiple-factor program in terms of carrying out annual monitoring of level of corruption in Ulyanovsk region using data from law enforcement, statistical agencies and results of social researches (customer - Anti-Corruption Commissioner in Ulyanovsk region).
- The analysis of corruption risks arising from the performance of functions by Federal Antimonopoly Service, and their dynamics (customer – Federal Antimonopoly Service).
- The definition of scientifically based on approaches to the development of the institutional environment of implementation of the state order (customer – Administrative Department of the President of the Russian Federation).
- The creation and approbation of mechanisms of civil servants’ rotation (customer - Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation).
- The formation of the list of the most exposed to risk (corrupptogenic) positions in Executive government bodies of Tver region (customer – Department of Economic Affairs of Tver region).
- A comprehensive study of corruption and the development of recommendations to reduce corruption risks in Tver region (customer – Control -analytic committee of Tver region).
- The draft of the departmental and anti-corruption program of the Federal Service for Veterinary and Phytosanitary Surveillance, monitoring the corruption’s risks (customer – Rosselkhoznadzor).
- Monitoring corruption risks in the Federal Antimonopoly Service, including anti-corruption expertise of normative legal acts and the analysis of the implementation of the anti-corruption program (customer - Federal Antimonopoly Service).
- Identification and elimination of corruption options in FMS within the implementation of the State program on voluntary immigration to Russia of compatriots living abroad (customer – Federal Migration Service / HSE).
- The introduction of mechanisms of counteraction against corruption in the established field of activities of the Federal Financial and Budgetary Supervisory Service (customer – Rosfinnadzor).
- The development of the Departmental anti-corruption program of the Federal Antimonopoly Service (customer – Federal Antimonopoly Service).
NISSE’s participation in anti-corruption policy covers:
- information and consulting assistance to Federal, regional and municipal authorities in the implementation of the National anti-corruption plan (approved by the President of the Russian Federation D. A. Medvedev dated 31.08.2008);
- the development of normative legal acts and methodical documents in the field of anti-corruption policy
- carrying out anti-corruption expertise of normative legal acts and their drafts;
- the analysis of authority positions’ propensity for corruption ;
- the development and implementation of anti-corruption mechanisms;
- the improvement practice in the application of the legislation on public and municipal procurements;
- monitoring corruption in territorial entities and authorities;
- the efficiency assessment of anti-corruption policy measures.